My old standby, quickest dish you can make. Cauliflower rice, brussels sprouts, organic chicken chopped up. Season with avocado oil or extra virgin olive oil and Himalayan Sea Salt. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Add organic shredded cheese (any will do) and sprinkle with parmesan. Bake until browned. Most ingredients are frozen and can be purchased reasonably.
I am so blessed to have befriended and advocated for so many Stage 4 cancer patients (and I hate that term!). Can we just get rid of discussing stages because the mindset associated with it is very destructive and unproductive.
If you want to learn about the meaning of life, talk to them. They are some of the strongest people I have ever known. They teach me what life is about and how meaning, passionate purpose, mindset and JOY is how you not only survive the unimaginable but thrive.
I promise to fight for you always. You gave me the gift of life - learning what life is truly about and finding your “Why” that gets you out of bed each day to fight for all that life still has to offer.
Happy to have helped organize the Sold Out Symposium on Positive Aging at the JCC featuring Letty Pogrebin (who founded Ms Magazine with Gloria Steinem) and Lynn Povitch, who has an Amazon series on her life after suing Newsweek for gender discrimination in the 70s. She later went on to become the first female Senior Editor at Newsweek. After the conversation we broke out into exceptional workshops on mental, physical and financial wellness. So much work went into this and I’m so proud of everyone involved! Knowledge and connection lead to a meaningful, passionate, purposeful and joyous life!
Breast cancer awareness month is coming to a close and it’s so much more than pink and just a month in October. I know the devastation and toll that cancer takes. Cancer is personal. There was not a week that went by over the past 10 years that people haven’t reached out to me to help them regarding being diagnosed with cancer. Some of my closest friends have cancer. My cancer journey started with 7 members of my family being diagnosed, including while I was in the womb.
My maternal Grandma was diagnosed with Stage 4 breast cancer which metastasized to her liver (after first being diagnosed at 40). She was metastatic when my mom found out she was pregnant. She was determined to see her first grandchild and held on until I was born. Doctors contributed it to pure will and meaning to live at that point because of the condition she was in. My mom’s father passed away from cancer years before that. My mom’s life-long best friend died of breast cancer in her early 30s, leaving a toddler. I...
So here's the thing, I coach a lot of brilliant teenage girls and college students and my goal is to make them so empowered and confident that they can't be messed with! I am sick of girls feeling less than because of their weight, broken hearts over the wrong person, not feeling adequate in math and science and codependent relationships. Enough! Girl Power now!
My programs are tailored for girls, teens, college students and young women so they can get a handle on their eating, lose the obsession around food and weight at an early age, find their passionate purpose, meaning and JOY, create meaningful change, redirect negative behaviors and beliefs, feel empowered and confident, have ownership over their bodies, hearts and minds.
Power of HOPE & JOY: Having friends with Stage 4 pancreatic cancer and hundreds family and friends diagnosed with cancer (that I've advocated for) I wanted to thank physician-scientists, surgeon-scientists, pathologists, researchers, nurses, staff, caregivers and patient–advocates while sharing what I learned:
1) You need the best medical team possible especially for rare or aggressive cancers and that means getting a second opinion at a top cancer center. Don't be afraid of offending your doctor, it's your life!
2) You need something to fight for, something or someone to live for you need a "WHY." You need meaning and a great start is by reading Dr. Viktor Frankl's seminal book, "Man's Search for Meaning" and other meaningful books, it will change your life!
3) You need support either of family, friends or other patient-advocates because no one gets through cancer alone. Find positive supportive people–have them go to your appointments and treatments with you to make sure you understand...
Health Coach Jaye’s Top 10 No Hunger Sugar Detox Tips Through Health Coach Jaye’s Programs and 24/7 coaching, clients have lost anywhere from 5-70 pounds (depending on their goals). Contact Jaye for a Complimentary Consultation.
1. Stop Dieting and Start Feeding Yourself! By drastically reducing calories, you slow down your metabolism. You need to eat in order to lose! My clients are successful, curb their sugar cravings, balance their insulin levels and are able to eat more because I give them 24/7 coaching access and figure out what foods work for their particular body, for life.
2. Eating low glycemic foods and healthy fats every 3-4 hours helps reduce sugar cravings. It balances insulin and promotes healthy weight loss.
3. You are able to occasionally enjoy treats in satisfying quantities! By using Health Coach Jaye's Three Bite Rule and 5 French Fry Rule you don’t have to completely give up your favorite sweets and treats. You are able to occasionally enjoy these treats in small quan...